COVID-19 presented a challenging time for everyone, especially artists, musicians, and venues. The owner’s of Ji-Eun Lee Music Academy and The Switch Theatre want everyone to be safe and remain healthy. In many cases this means limiting exposure to other people, but social isolation is also not healthy. We believe now, more than ever, the world needs music, theater, and art.
The Switch Theatre carefully monitors CDC, State Board of Health, and Fishers Health Department guidelines for the best methods for continuing business in a safe manner. During the 2020 shutdown these were our policies:
- Capacity was limited per government mandates.
- Face masks strongly recommended for customers and audience members.
- Social distancing was enforced.
- Hand sanitizer is available in our lobby.
- Lobby was reduced and socially distanced.
- Entrace and exits were designated to avoid patrons from passing one another in the hallways.
- When concessions were opened, social distancing was marked on the floor.
- Music lessons were offered virtually.
- Lesson rooms were modified to enforce social distance within the room.
- Lesson rooms were limited to no more than two people: Teacher and student.
- Every room’s common items, especially pianos, are wiped down with disinfectant after every lesson.
In other words, our policy was, and is, to follow government guidelines. With that in mind, now that business has resumed under pre-COVID conditions, our COVID policy follows these guidelines:
- We adhere to the current state and local health department mandates.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- Face coverings are encouraged.
- Seating in our theater remains at a more distanced and reduced level.
- If teacher or student requests a face covering to be worn then everyone in the lesson room must comply.
We want everyone to be safe and healthy and that not only means taking preventative steps to avoid sickness, but continuing to live life and enjoy music and art. We strongly believe music, theater, and art are essential. We believe they are necessary to sustain a happy and healthy life.
Please, be safe. Be wise. Live life.